1.Where did you grow up?你是在哪长大的?
This is a great icebreaker that gets someone talking about the past, which often puts others at ease.
2. Do you have any pets?你养宠物吗?
People love their pets, and inquiring about them encourages further conversation. And, even if the person you re chatting with doesn t have any, it s still a good start.
3. What s your favorite book?你最喜欢的书是哪一本?
Instead of asking what people are reading right now, which can be a bit too intimate, asking about a book they love can create a mutual connection。
4. What s the first thing you do after work? Do you kick off your shoes? Hit the gym?下班后做的第一件事是什么?是踢掉鞋子?去健身?
Asking how people relax makes them feel relaxed.问人们如何放松能让他们感到愉快。
5. What s your dream job?你理想的职业是什么?
Even at a corporate gathering, inquiring about someone s dream job is a fun way to get a conversation started。
6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?如果你可以住在世界上任何一个地方，你会住在哪?
Not everyone gets to travel tons, making this a fun question for anyone.
7. What countries have you traveled to?你去过哪些国家?
Even if you haven t traveled the world, asking if others have encourages someone to share memories.
8. Do you like to cook?你喜欢烹饪吗?
Asking about favorite dishes and culinary adventures sparks delicious dishing。
9. What s your favorite food?你最喜欢的食物是什么?
Everyone eats, making this an icebreaker that works anywhere, anytime。
10. What s your favorite drink?你最喜欢的饮料是什么?
A wonderfully basic question, asking about best-loved beverages works at any gathering。
11. Do you have a favorite local restaurant?你有最喜欢的餐厅吗?
This is a great conversation to get people talking about their favorite local hangouts, which puts everyone at ease.
12. What s your favorite movie?你最喜欢哪部电影?
You can find out a lot about a person when you chat about a favorite movie. Follow it up with specific questions, such as scene stealers and actors in the flick.
13. What movie are you dying to see?哪一部电影你非看不可?
Jump in with a question that involves everyone and will get a group chatting over new releases.
14. What are you watching on TV?你都看些什么电视节目?
This is another question that won t offend and is open-ended, encouraging even the supershy to start chatting.
15. What s the last concert you went to?你最近去的音乐会是那一场?
Another easygoing question for one-on-one conversation or for jumping into a group conversation. And it s a fun way to find out what kinds of music your new friends listen to.
16. What s the craziest thing you ve ever done?你做过的最疯狂的事是什么?
For those who are ready to make a bold first impression, this is a question that gets attention and can lead to fun conversation.
17. If you were stranded on a deserted island and you could have only one item, what would it be?如果你被困在沙漠中但只能带一样东西，你会带什么?
Yes, a classic one-liner, but this convo starter always gets a good answer.
18. What s your favorite season?你最喜欢的季节是哪一个?
Here s a question that works well with the “it s always easy to talk about the weather” concept. Follow up by asking about the current weather conditions, and you have a conversation.
19. Do you speak any other languages?你会说其他语言吗?
Asking a semipersonal question encourages others to share information about themselves without feeling guarded.
20. Do you have anything fun planned for the weekend?这个周末有什么计划?
Make chatting easy by asking about future plans — without setting off a stalker vibe. Keep it light and share your plans too.
21. Where s your favorite place to hang out in town?镇上最喜欢的去处?
Here is another fun way to start a conversation about your community without being threatening. And it opens discussion to favorite restaurants, bars, and shops.
22. I like your shirt! Where did you get it?我很喜欢你的衬衫，在哪买的?
A genuine compliment makes anyone smile.
23. I can t place this song — do you know it?我想不起来这首歌叫什么了——你知道吗?
Hey, even if you know the tune, asking someone else about the music playing is a simple start.
24. How long have you been at your job?你在现在的工作岗位上做了几年?
Even at a corporate event, asking others about their job titles, roles, and how long they have been at the company breaks the ice.
25. Tell me about something that made you laugh this week.告诉我这星期让你开心的事情吧。
Everyone loves a good laugh! Asking about something that brought on a chuckle makes anyone smile.
26. If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it?如果你有一百万美元，你会做什么?
A bit more direct, but asking a specific question that requires thought can really make an impression.
27. How are you today?今天怎么样?
Sure, this is a no-brainer question, but it gets people talking.
28. Where is the best place you have ever visited?你去过最赞的地方是哪?
Taking a vacation is always wonderful. Asking someone new about a favorite destination is always an easy way to start talking.
29. Did you hear about (something trending in the news)?你听说了(当下热点事件)吗?
Pick something pretty generic, remembering to stay away from politics and religion, and the conversation will get rolling.
30. So, what s your story?你有什么经历分享?
OK, this one is borderline pick-up line, but it s also a direct approach for chatting.
31. This place is awesome! Have you been here before?这地方太棒了!你以前来过这吗?
Complimenting the venue is a positive way to chat with others.
32. If you could be an animal, what would you be and why?如果你能成为一种动物，你会做什么，为什么?
Just don t roar after asking! This question is also a fun and light way to break the ice.
33. If you could invite a famous person over for dinner, who would it be?如果你可以邀请一位名人共进晚餐，你会邀请谁?
Also an often-used convo starter, this question has lasted the test of time, which makes it a winner anywhere, anytime.
34. What s your favorite holiday?你最喜欢什么节日?
Open and generic, a basic question is an easy way to start mingling.
35. What s the craziest thing you ve ever eaten?你吃过的最不可思议的东西是什么?
Here s another fun question that gets people talking! And it s a great question to use when you feel awkward joining a group that s already chatting.
36. What is one thing you couldn t live without? Wine? Chocolate? Bread?离开了什么你就无法生活?酒?巧克力?面包?
There s no wrong answer to this question, which makes it another winner.这个问题没有固定答案，这也是为什么这是个好问题的原因了。
37. Have you ever won anything?你有赢得过什么奖励吗?
It feels good when you win something, so asking someone about this special moment encourages sharing.
38. Do you have any brothers or sisters?你有兄弟姐妹吗?
Slightly personal without requiring too much info, asking others about their family is a smart way to make connections.有点私人，但又不会透露太多信息。询问对方的家庭能快速的和他建立起联系。
39. Have you ever met anyone famous?你有碰到过名人吗?
A brush with a famous person is always a thrill, making talking about it with a stranger a fun icebreaker.
40. Do you prefer texting, calling, or emailing? Emailing!你是倾向于发短信，打电话，还是发邮件呢?邮件!
This is actually a great question to ask someone after you have made a connection. Follow up by asking for your new friend s phone number or email address.