No new domestically transmitted cases of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) were reported on the Chinese mainland on Sunday, the Chinese health authority said Monday.
The National Health Commission received reports of 39 new confirmed COVID-19 cases on the Chinese mainland Sunday, all of which were imported.
Also on Sunday, nine deaths and 47 new suspected cases were reported on the mainland with all of the deaths reported in Hubei province.
On Sunday, 459 people were discharged from the hospital after recovery, while the number of severe cases decreased by 96 to 1,749.
The overall confirmed cases on the mainland had reached 81,093 by the end of Sunday, including 5,120 patients who were still being treated, 72,703 patients who had been discharged after recovery, and 3,270 people who died of the disease.
The commission said that 136 people were still suspected of being infected with the virus.
The commission added that 10,701 close contacts were still under medical observation. On Sunday, 661 people were discharged from medical observation.
The Chinese mainland reported 39 newly imported cases of the COVID-19 Sunday, bringing the total number of imported cases to 353.
Of the 39 newly imported cases, 10 were reported in Beijing, 10 in Shanghai, six in Fujian, six in Guangdong, two in Shandong and Gansu respectively, and one in Zhejiang, Henan and Chongqing respectively, according to the commission.
By the end of Sunday, 317 confirmed cases including four deaths had been reported in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (SAR), 21 confirmed cases in the Macao SAR, and 169 in Taiwan including two deaths.
A total of 100 patients in Hong Kong, 10 in Macao and 28 in Taiwan had been discharged from the hospital after recovery.
时政热点 Www.YingYU.la 英’语.啦