您的位置 首页 英语美文

经典美文英语短篇:英语美文摘抄《生活的故事》(中英对照)

  每天分享一篇中英双语阅读,对英语口语的练习很有帮助,也是积累英语考试中写作,翻译素材的好资料,加油吧!

  Life Story

  生活的故事

  Tennessee Williams

  田纳西·威廉斯

  After you’ve been to bed together for the first time,

  这是你们第一次一床同眠,共剪西窗烛

  without the advantage or disadvantage of any prior acquaintance,

  而事先没有相互之间带有偏爱或偏见的相知相识

  the other party very often says to you,

  你们一中的一个伙伴总是会和你说

  Tell me about yourself, I want to know all about you,

  和我聊聊你自己吧,我对你的一切都有浓厚兴趣

  what’s your story?

  你的经历是什么呢?

  And you think maybe they really and truly do sincerely want to know your life story,

  然后你觉得他们可能真的真的想要了解你的往事,既然他们这么真诚地想要了解你的生命历程,

  and so you light up a cigarette and begin to tell it to them,

  所以你就点燃一支烟然后开始向他们讲述你的故事

  the two of you lying together in completely relaxed positions

  你和你的伙伴翻身调整到了一个特别舒服的位置,

  like a pair of rag dolls a bored child dropped on a bed.

  你们就像一个身处无聊的小孩扔在床上的一对布娃娃

  You tell them your story, or as much of your story

  你告诉他们你的往事,或者说你的整个过去,

  as time or a fair degree of prudence allows,

  出于时间的流逝或者一种彬彬有礼,谨慎处事的教养,

  and they say,Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh,

  他们说嗯,嗯,嗯,嗯,嗯

  each time a little more faintly, until the oh is just an audible breath,

  回应一次比一次渐微渐弱,直到这个”嗯”字,完全变成了听得到的鼾声,

  and then of course there’s some interruption.

  然后,理所当然地总会有些干扰突然出现。

  Slow room service comes up with a bowl of melting ice cubes,

  比如说缓慢的客房服务送来了,一碗融化的糖浆,

  or one of you rises to pee

  或者你们中的一个突然想要起夜

  and gaze at himself with the mild astonishment in the bathroom mirror.

  面对盥洗室的镜子时,他略带吃惊的凝视着自己的镜像

  And then, the first thing you know,

  然后,你所知道的第一件事,

  before you’ve had time to pick up where you left off with your enthralling life story,

  在你有时间再去陈说你那没有讲完的迷人生命历程前

  they’re telling you their life story, exactly as they’d intended to all along,

  他们开始对你讲说他们以前的故事,这是他们期待已久的倾诉

  and you’re saying, Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh,

  你开始对他们的言语回应,嗯,嗯,嗯,嗯,嗯

  each time a little more faintly, the vowel at last becoming no more than an audible sigh,

  每一次声量都减弱一分,最后这种应答成为了清晰可辨的鼾息

  as the elevator, halfway down the corridor and a turn to the left,

  这种鼾声如同一台出门需要左行却早已卡在半层的电梯,

  draws one last, long, deep breath of exhaustion and stops breathing forever.

  让某人呼尽最后的、精疲力竭的、长而深的气息便再也没有了呼吸。

  Then?

  然后呢?

  Well, one of you falls asleep and the other one does likewise with a lighted cigarette in his mouth,

  其实,当你们中的一个人进入了永恒的梦乡,其他人则继续叼着一支点燃的香烟,开始讲述他们的故事,无可厚非地

  and that’s how people burn to death in hotel rooms.

  这就是人们怎样在一家旅馆中,燃尽自己的生命。

英语美文频道 WwW.YInGyu.lA 英·语`.啦

本文来自网络,不代表英语啦立场,转载请注明出处:https://www.yingyu.la/yingyuyuedu/yingyumeiwen/256476.shtml

为您推荐

联系我们

联系我们

0898-88881688

在线咨询: QQ交谈

邮箱: email@wangzhan.com

工作时间:周一至周五,9:00-17:30,节假日休息

关注微信
微信扫一扫关注我们

微信扫一扫关注我们

关注微博
返回顶部