您的位置 首页 英语美文

经典美文英语短篇:英语美文摘抄《The Smile》

  每天分享一篇中英双语阅读,对英语口语的练习很有帮助,也是积累英语考试中写作,翻译素材的好资料,加油吧!

  The Smile

  微笑

  I was sure that I was to be killed.

  一想到自己明天就没命了,

  I became terribly nervous.

  我不禁陷入极端的惶恐。

  I searched my pockets to see if there were any cigarettes, which had escaped their search.

  我翻遍了口袋想看看有没有一支没被他们搜走的香烟,

  I found one and because of my shaking hands,

  但我的手紧张得不停发抖,

  I could barely get it to my lips.

  连将烟送进嘴里都成问题。

  But I had no matches, they had taken those.

  而我的火柴也在搜身时被拿走了。

  I looked through the bars at my jailer.

  我透过铁栏望着外面的警卫。

  He did not make eye contact with me.

  他并没有注意到我在看他。

  I called out to him, Have you got a light?

  我叫了他一声,能跟你借个火吗?

  He looked at me, shrugged and came over to light my cigarette.

  他转头望着我,耸了耸肩,然后走了过来,

  As he came close and lit the match,

  就在他走进点燃我的香烟时,

  his eyes accidentally locked with mine.

  他的眼光无意中与我的相接触。

  At that moment, I smiled. I don’t know why I did that.

  这时我突然冲着他微笑。我不知道自己为何有这般反应。

  Perhaps it was nervousness, perhaps it was because,

  也许是过于紧张,或者是因为,

  when you get very close, one to another,

  当你如此靠近另一个人,

  it is very hard not to smile.

  你很难不对他微笑。

  In any case, I smiled.

  不管是处于何种理由,我对他笑了。

  In that instant, it was as though a spark jumped across the gap between our two hearts, our two human souls.

  就在这一刹那,这抹微笑如同火花般打破了我们心灵间的隔阂。

  I knew he didn’t want to,but my smile leaped through the bars and generated a smile on his lips, too.

  受到了我的感染,他的嘴角不自觉地也现出了笑容。虽然我知道他原无此意。

  He lit my cigarette but stayed near,looking at me directly in the eyes and continuing to smile.

  他点完火后并没立刻离开,两眼盯着我瞧,脸上仍带着微笑。

  I kept smiling at him,now aware of him as a person and not just a jailer.

  我也以笑容回应,仿佛他是个朋友而不是个守着我的警卫。

  And his looking at me seemed to have a new dimension, too.

  他看着我的眼神也少了当初的那股凶气。

  Do you have kids? he asked.

  你有小孩吗?他开口问道。

  Yes, here, here. I took out my wallet and nervously fumbled for the pictures of my family.

  有的,你看。我拿出了皮夹,手忙脚乱地翻出了我的全家福照片。

  He, too, took out the pictures of his family and began to talk about his plans and hopes for them.

  他也掏出了照片并且开始讲述他对家人的期望与计划。

  My eyes filled with tears.

  这时我眼中充满了泪水。

  I said that I feared that I’d never see my family again,never have the chance to see them grow up.

  我说自己害怕再也见不到家人。我害怕没机会看着孩子长大。

  Tears came to his eyes, too.

  他听了也流下两行眼泪。

  Suddenly, without another word,he unlocked my cell and silently led me out.

  突然他二话不说地打开了牢门,悄悄地带我从后面的小路逃离了监狱。

  Out of the jail, quietly and by back routes, out of the town.

  离开监狱后,出了小镇,就在小镇的边上,

  There, at the edge of town, he released me.

  就在那里,他放了我。

  And without another word, he turned back toward the town.

  之后便转身往回走,不曾留下一句话。

  My life was saved by a smile.

  一个微笑居然能救自己一条命。

  Yes, the smile-is the unaffected, unplanned,natural connection between people.

  是的,微笑是人与人之间最自然真挚的沟通方式。

  I really believe that if that part of you and that part of me could recognize each other,we wouldn’t be enemies.

  如果我们能用心灵去认识彼此,世间不会有结怨成仇的憾事。

  We couldn’t have hate or envy or fear.

  恨意、妒嫉、恐惧也会不复存在。

英语美文频道 WwW.YInGyu.lA 英·语`.啦

本文来自网络,不代表英语啦立场,转载请注明出处:https://www.yingyu.la/yingyuyuedu/yingyumeiwen/256664.shtml

为您推荐

联系我们

联系我们

0898-88881688

在线咨询: QQ交谈

邮箱: email@wangzhan.com

工作时间:周一至周五,9:00-17:30,节假日休息

关注微信
微信扫一扫关注我们

微信扫一扫关注我们

关注微博
返回顶部